RenterNation.com is owned and operated by Media Demographics, Inc. The rental advertisements and related services accessed on RenterNation.com are procured and provided by Media Demographics, Inc.
- Collection. While you can use some functions of RenterNation.com without being a registered user, certain activities (such as participating in discussion forums or advertising a property) do require registration. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. The information we hold about you is collected through RenterNation.com. Depending on the services used, we may collect and store the following personal information:
- contact information such as name, email address, address and telephone number;
- demographic information such as gender, age, marital status, occupation, and other personal and lifestyle information;
- financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- additional information we may ask you to send or questions we may ask you to answer to help improve our services;
- information based on your interactions with RenterNation.com such as search information, computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to, from and within RenterNation.com or ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
- Use. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide the services and customer support you request, including confirming emails related to RenterNation.com services, reminders and transactions.
- Resolve disputes, collect fees and troubleshoot problems.
- Customize your experience and otherwise measure and improve RenterNation.com's services.
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences. (If we use your personal information to market to you, you will be able to opt-out of such uses; see Email Preferences and About Cookies below.)
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
- Measure consumer interest in our products and services.
- Help promote a safe service and detect and prevent error, fraud and other potentially prohibited or illegal activity.
- Enforce our agreements, terms, conditions, and policies.
- Provide services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- Disclosure. We don't sell or rent your personal information to non-affiliated third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may share some or all of your personal information with:
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information, or about whom you are explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service. (The information we disclose in this way may be subject to those third parties' privacy policies.)
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as bill collection, invoicing and marketing).
Email preferences. We provide all users with the opportunity to opt out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from us after setting up an account. To remove your contact information from RenterNation.com lists and newsletters, simply edit your email preferences.
- Cookies. We or our service providers may place cookies or web beacons on your computer when you visit portions of RenterNation.com. We use permanent cookies to provide personalized features, such as automatically logging you into your personalized home page and to deliver customized services, content, and advertising. We use session cookies, which are deleted when you log out of RenterNation.com or browse to a different website, to monitor and improve the functionality and usability of our website. You can block our cookies by changing the settings on your browser (contact your ISP for help), but doing so may prevent us from delivering certain services to you.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our and our advertising partners' behalf. These companies may employ cookies and web beacons to deliver advertising and measure its effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and web beacons is completely anonymous.
- RenterNation.com has links to other websites that may collect personal information about you. RenterNation.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites.
- Account Protection. Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your RenterNation.com password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify RenterNation.com and change your password.
- Security. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from RenterNation.com. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
- Questions. Questions regarding this policy should be directed to the following address:
Attn: Privacy Questions
1323 S Minnesota Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
Contact Us by email at email@example.com
Last updated April 16, 2012